Axicom Steel Jacket
Kew North, Vic
- Patented steel jacket upgrade adds capacity or height to existing towers.
- Solution is faster,cheaper and less disruptive than traditional pole swaps.
- Jacket is constructed from the foundation up as a complimenting structure.
- Supports all existing loads on the pole as well as future deployments with additional sections.
- Axicom’s steel jacket solution offers savings of up to $150,000 per site.
As the existing site was running through an underground easement, any movement of the pole to deploy new technology would have necessitated a full site relocation.
If relocation were a feasible option, complex works associated to underground easements, footing, property and RF architecture would have to be completed at significant cost.
After considering a pole swap, Axicom’s steel jacket solution was chosen, avoiding the need for a site relocation and a new pole being commissioned.
This mitigated many challenges, including RF redesigns to enable adjacent cells to remain,
Axicom’s steel jacket solution avoided the need for a site relocation and a new pole being commissioned.
decommissioning of the existing structure, and the reinstatement of equipment.
Axicom’s Steel Jacket solution allowed the site to be upgraded within 16 weeks, as opposed to a site relocation, which on average incurs a lead-time of approximately 6-12 months.
During the deployment of the jacket there was no disruption to mission critical technology on the tower, whilst creating 100% capacity for future deployments to be undertaken with additional sections.
Axicom’s steel jacket solution creates additional capacity, making it a cost effective pole swap alternative offering savings of up to $150,000 per site.