1. Privacy Statement
Axicom collects data to operate effectively and provide you with the best possible customer experience. We take the privacy of your information seriously and are committed to protecting your privacy, keeping your information safe and ensuring the security of your data.
This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use and protect your information.
2. What is your personal information?
3. What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
The Personal Information we may collect includes:
- mailing or street address;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- facsimile number;
- age or birth date;
- bank account details;
- profession, occupation or job title;
- details regarding landlords;
- details relating to the engagements or business relationship you have with us or which may be proposed, or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to engage with you including to responding to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise;
- information you provide to us through our services, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time; and
4. Links to other websites/materials
5. How we collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information directly from you where possible. This includes instances where you provide information by phone, in person or in application forms, by mail or email, or when you submit your personal details through our website.
We may also collect Personal Information from:
- third parties, such as your authorised agent, representatives, company, employees or the providers of third party databases;
- referrals from third party individuals or companies, such as those operating in the real estate or telecommunication industry;
- company or business records relating to assets, companies or businesses that we acquire; and
- publicly available sources of information (including for example through the Land Titles Offices or through the Australian Securities Investment Commission).
In addition, we may collect certain non-personal information, such as the domain name, IP address from which the website is visited and use that data to, among other things, analyse trends and statistics. We also may use “cookies” on our website which is a small text file that our website may place on your computer. Cookies are an industry standard and are used as a means for our website to remember your preferences. In some cases, cookies may collect and store Personal Information from you. If you wish, you can disable cookies via your internet browser. If you disable cookies then you may not be able to use our website to its full functionality.
6. If you are a customer
If you are an Axicom customer accessing a platform for our customers to research and access information regarding our sites, we may ask you to register and/or provide information that personally identifies you for the purposes of interacting with this platform. If you choose not to disclose and register your Personal Information, you may not be able to use the platform effectively and we may not be able to assist you with your query, verify your identity (if necessary) or send you responses or other information that you have requested.
Should you choose not to provide us with your Personal Information you may choose to research our facilities in an alternate manner, such as by contacting us via telephone. If you contact us via telephone, you may also be asked to verify your identity for security reasons. Should you choose not to provide your Personal Information for verification, Axicom may not be able to assist you with your query.
7. Employment opportunities
Axicom will from time to time advertise employment opportunities via publicly available websites and through employment agencies. In order to apply for employment at Axicom, you will be required to provide your Personal Information so we can verify your identity and suitability for employment for any current and future positions. We may collect and store your Personal Information in our system and contact you at a later date for future employment opportunities. To assist us with our recruitment process, we may disclose your Personal Information to recruitment agents and other advisers who assist with recruitment.
8. How we use Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used by Axicom:
- to verify your identity;
- to communicate with you in the normal course of business dealings;
- to communicate and negotiate with you in relation to your property, or other agreements or assets;
- to communicate and negotiate with you as an existing landlord;
- to contact you regarding the possibility of entering into an arrangement relating to your property;
- to assist you to receive or subscribe to our services;
- to provide the services you require;
- to send announcements, newsletters and updates regarding our business;
- to maintain the smooth operation of our services, such as for billing, account maintenance and record-keeping;
- for the purposes of interacting with the website, including, for example, when you request information from us, request an agreement regarding a wireless communications site or download material;
- to help you quickly find services or information on the website;
- to assist us with any internal investigations in relation to protection against fraud or unlawful activities or activities that have a potential to breach Axicom’s policies; and
- as required by law (including assisting with a Police investigation).
9. Disclosure of Personal Information
In order to deliver the services you require or to effectively communicate with you in the course of our business operations, we may disclose your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, legal or financial consultants, property consultants or surveyors and authorised agents. We may also disclose Personal Information to our professional advisors (such as legal practitioners or accountants in order for them to perform services on behalf of Axicom), or if required by law (for example, to assist in a Police investigation) or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
10. Overseas Recipient
Some of our third party contractors and service providers may perform services overseas (including the United States of America). As a result, your Personal Information may be disclosed to a recipient in a foreign country. For example, we may use external service providers overseas so they can provide us services related to our business.
If information is disclosed overseas, the overseas recipient may not be subject to privacy principles similar to those under the Privacy Act (“Australian Privacy Principles”).
An overseas recipient may also be subject to a foreign law which could compel disclosure of Personal Information to a third party, for example, an overseas government or regulatory authority.
By providing Personal Information to Axicom, you consent and acknowledge that Axicom may disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients to which Australian Privacy Principles may not apply. Axicom will take reasonable measures to try to ensure the overseas recipient has reasonable privacy policies and procedures in place but cannot warrant the overseas recipient will comply with Australian Privacy Principles. In such circumstances, Axicom will not be liable under the Privacy Act if the recipient does not act consistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
11. Direct marketing
We may use your Personal Information for marketing and promotional purposes and we may send you information about other services and products that may be of interest to you. Our communications to you may be sent in various forms such as mail, fax and email. You consent to us sending you marketing communications. If you indicate a preference for a method of communication we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. If you do not wish to receive information about our products and services you may notify us using the contact details provided below or by using any opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications.
12. Service Announcements
From time to time Axicom may also send out service-related announcements. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, Axicom might send our customers and property owners an e-mail notification.
13. Security of your Personal Information
Axicom will take reasonable measures to secure your Personal Information. These measures may include the use of certain technology to encrypt Personal Information. Axicom generally stores this information on servers that are protected by firewalls. To access the website, a customer must have a User ID and password (“Password”). Only customers with a verifiable User ID and Password are permitted to have access to the Axicom service. While we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us. Accordingly, any Personal Information or other information which you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk. We recommend that you change your Password often, use a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure browser. To further safeguard your privacy, Axicom recommends that customers, property owners and their authorised users avoid referencing Passwords (or other access codes) in e-mails, which are often not encrypted.
14. Help us to ensure we hold accurate details
We use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information largely depends on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors to your Personal Information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to your Personal Information such as your name, address and telephone number.
15. How to access your Personal Information
You may request access to any Personal Information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (see the details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (for example, by mailing or emailing it to you). We will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your Personal Information.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the Personal Information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
If you believe that Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will let you know.
16. What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We will attempt to confirm as appropriate with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view. If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, we will advise you about further options including, if appropriate, review by the Privacy Commissioner within the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
17. Contact details
Our contact details are as follows:
The Privacy Officer
Axicom Pty Ltd
PO BOX 566
St Leonards NSW 1590
Telephone: 02 9495 9000
Fax: 02 9495 9100